Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Bee experiment

 Today my class and I did a science experiment on dead bumble bees. (They died naturally) First each of us got a bumble bee in a container to share with a buddy. My buddy was Priscilla, we opened the container ,some people were scared to open it. We got a tiny honey  bee worker, he was as small as a new born fish .Its legs were as black as the midnight sky.The bumble bee was also hairy and smelt a lot ( It smelt like a  rotten egg) It was yellow and black like any other bumble bee. We pinched it and  rolled it with tweezers until we got enough information. Here's one thing I learnt . Bees can't see the colour red and  Bees fart, also they have five eyes.




4 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I had no ideas that bees farted. I'm also surprised to learn that they can't see red... why is this? You'd think they'd need to see red because of all the flowers that are that colour. Interesting!! I loved reading your post Diana. Including the facts was a really interesting way to engage me. I'll be back to visit again shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diana it's Priscilla sitting right next to you and I really liked how you described it's legs and it's body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete