Friday, June 18, 2021

Cross country zones

I had zones because I got 1st place on cross country so a week after cross country the top 5 went to zones. We travelled on a old, dirty bus it was large but it had pink gum on the seat so it was pretty disgusting sitting there. The place where we did the zones was at blockhouse bay tennis club but we were running on the wet muddy fields (there were a lot of smooched worms at the surface). First the seven year old's ran, then the 8 year old's but then.... it was our turn, we walked to the start line to not waste our energy ( we were standing there for about 15 minutes because the 8 year old boys were still running) The lady who starts the race walked up with red wooden blocks and stood behind us. I was extremely nervous. The lady started the race by banging the red wooden blocks together and I dashed on the muddy grass and in no time I was done the first loop, there was a girl in front of me which I couldn't beat and she ended up wining but I got second which is good and I'm proud of my self!😀

1 comment:

  1. Whoop go Diana for getting to Zones. I feel sorry for the smooched worms. I love the vocabulary you have used in this recount.

    ReplyDelete