Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Holiday slugs

 In the holidays I remembered that I had some leftover bean seeds, so I decided to use them. I shifted a huge brown pot with the help of my parents. The pot left a patch of dirt where I could plant the dry bean seeds. I grabbed a curly stick and poked a not-so-deep hole in the hard ground. I then gently pushed some seeds inside multiple holes. A few boring days later I noticed my beans were growing, they were all different sizes , another few days past and I spotted my beans were gone! I examend the ground and I realised that some annoying slugs have chewed up my beans! I was a bit frustrated but I just planted some more seeds, now that I have learnt from my mistake, I drizzled some shattered egg shells next to the seeds. (the egg shells are like a barrier from the slugs) If you want your plants to grow you can scatter some banana peels on the ground. I'm not too sure if it works because I just saw it on youtube.


No comments:

Post a Comment